Monday, April 28, 2008

How do you love?

I saw a sign today that said "God loves you whether you like it or not." and it made me think, do I love people that way? Or do I place conditions on my love? And do I love them even if they don't love me back?

As a mother, my love for my child is unconditional. I may not like her behavior some times, but I will always love her. As a wife, my love for my husband is also unconditional. But he too bugs me sometimes. And I'm sure I bug him too.

But what about others around us? Do we love them based on what they can do for us? What they can give us? Or do we love them just for who they are with no strings attached. Just like God loves us.

Just something to think about...

2 comments:

Dre Fillmore said...

Really great Michelle!

Josh Mullen said...

I like this!! Keep writing. It touches my heart!