Friday, August 29, 2008

Because I Said So!

Did I really say that? I vowed as a kid to never say that to my kids. Famous last words. Now I've said it. Just yesterday in fact was the first time. In the 7 1/2 years we've had Amy, (she was one year old when we adopted her) I have managed to come up with a different answer, usually an explanation of some sorts. But yesterday, it finally came out.

Ack! I've become my parents.

Don't get me wrong, I love my parents. They are wonderful people, they have taught me a lot over the years, and I know I gave them a lot of grief over the years too. But when you are a kid you always think I'm going to be different than my parents were. I'm not going to have those same battles, I'm not going to say the same things.

But now it's out there. Will I say it again? Probably.

No comments: