Thursday, November 13, 2008

Drawers, boxes, closets...

Are you compartmentalizing your life or are you living out the bigger picture? Do you have one box for "X" area of your life, a drawer for "Y" and maybe a closet for "Z"? Do any of these areas interact with the others or do they all have their own identity or life unto themselves?

I found myself doing this. I would have one area for mommy things, then I had another for work things, then I had yet another for personal things. And I felt like one of those performers who was trying to keep all the plate spinning at the same time and not let them all come crashing down around me.

Then I found myself just living the everyday, ordinary life that I had become accustomed to. Somewhat of a rut, a boring routine, not really going anywhere. I wasn't doing what I was really passionate about, and I was struggling with that. It wasn't until someone else challenged me that I was finally able to come up with the answer that no, in some areas, I'm not doing what I truly love or feel that I am "called" to do. So I re-evaluated what was occupying me, my time, and my focus and made some changes.

Now, I am in the middle of three, maybe four, different projects. Some big, some small. They all will have an impact, on what scale, I don't know yet. And I am passionate about each one. I also see the potential in those closest to me, and I want to help them realize their dreams and goals too in whatever way I can. Which opens up a bunch of other projects and the opportunity to spread myself too thin. But that's another post.

So now I am challenging you. If you are ready, then go think. No, really think. Ponder, mull over, reflect on, formulate an opinion, on what are you doing and what do you want to be doing? Or do you need to take a new direction in life and finally do what it is that you really want to do. Feel free to comment or e-mail me if you want to share. If not, that's okay too. I just hope I have given you something to think about today.

2 comments:

John said...

thanks for the follow! where'd you get my info?

have a great rest of the day!

Michelle said...

LifeShare I think is where I originally found you. Or maybe it was through Carlos Whittaker. Not sure now. But I've been enjoying your blog for some time.