Monday, September 8, 2008

A meme

Queen B started this today and it tied in with a post I was starting about why do you blog. So I thought I would throw this out and see what kind of response it generates.

For those of you who don't know what a "meme" is - here is a definition from Blogging Basics 101: A meme is a pre-set group of questions, similar, in many ways, to a chain letter.

So here are the rules:

1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you, either positively or negatively.
2. link back to the person who tagged you
3. link back to this parent post
4. tag a few friends or five, or none at all
5. post these rules— or just have fun breaking them

My 5 reasons for blogging and how it's affected me

1. Friends - I started blogging as part of the leadership of a church plant. It started out as a way for the people that we were trying to reach to get to know all of the leaders. Now it has become a way for me to connect with people all over the world. (I know you are lurking out there, even though I haven't seen many comments.) I have started getting to know people I would have never otherwise had any contact with. You all have become friends to me.

2. Creativity - while I am naturally a creative person, (I sew, bead, craft, produce video, etc...) blogging has challenged my creativity in ways that I haven't been challenged in years. It challenges me to look at the world around me in a different way. And all experiences are now fair game for blog posts.

3. Self confidence - I think we all have some self esteem issues in our lives at various times and this blog has given me more confidence in who I am and what I have to contribute to the world.

4. A cathartic release - A great way to express emotions and realize that there are others out there who really are going through or have gone through the same things that you are experiencing.

5. Fun - This goes back to the friends part.

So now I need to tag some people. Hmmm... who will it be?

Amy @ http://livinglocurto.wordpress.com/

Dre @ http://drefillmore.typepad.com/

Mark @ http://markhilliard.blogspot.com/

Katrina @ http://katrinahilliard.blogspot.com/ (who hasn't blogged in quite some time I might add - I know you've been busy, but I love to read what you have to say)

Josh @ http://joshuamullen.blogspot.com/ (another one who hasn't blogged in a while but has a powerful message when he does share)

And anyone else reading this who wants to chime in, please do. De-lurk, comment and post a link. I'd love to meet you too.


2 comments:

Queen B said...

I enjoyed learning a little bit about you! Thanks for playing.

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

Okay. I'm doing this... my first tag!!