Friday, September 12, 2008

Random thoughts for Friday

Just some things rattling around in my head...
  • Menopause and puberty... don't mix
  • Why does it take an anniversary of something tragic to bring people together? Why can't we experience that kind of peace everyday?
  • Snarky is the word for the week. (Thanks Tori - I've been thinking about that ever since your post at: http://www.babybloomr.com)
  • God definitely has a sense of humor (see menopause and puberty)
  • Do we ever realize how many lives we touch (directly and indirectly) on a daily basis?
  • I miss being up north during this time of year. It's going to be 90 degrees here today. That's just not right for the middle of September.
  • Turning 42 has been harder than turning 40. But it's getting better.
  • I miss my Oma. She passed away 10 years ago. There are many days I wish I could call and ask her advice or just chat about nothing in particular.
  • My daughter asked what a mid life crisis is. When I tried to explain it, her next question was "Does that mean you are only going to live to be 84?"
  • I get to work with some of the most amazing people. We work hard, but we have fun and love what we get to do. They have become my family.
  • Someone needs to invent a waterproof computer. I seem to have some of my best ideas in the shower and have no where to write them down before I forget.
  • Smile at someone today. It may be what makes a difference in their day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, I feel ya on the menopause/puberty thing-- I'm verging on one and my twelve year old is verging on the other! The sixteen year old? Hormones are flying out of her ears. Oh yes, it's an estrogen-rich environment around here, God help us all. (Especially Russ...)