Tuesday, September 30, 2008

No Gas

For those of you living in the southeast that have been affected by this "NO GAS" situation, how has it affected you most?

For me personally I have become more aware of the errands I run and where I am going. There is only one thing that is non-negotiable that I have to do each day and use gas to get done, taking my daughter to school. But I have also found that there are a lot of other things that I do, just because I can and not necessarily because I should, that I have been able to eliminate from my daily routine.

I've found that there have been several good things that have come out of this situation too.

One has been the savings. Because I'm not going out as much, I'm also not spending as much. I am getting more creative with what I am cooking at home and using up things that I have had in the pantry for a while that probably should have been used long before now. No, they haven't gone bad, they've just been sitting there waiting to be used.

Something else good that has happened is that I am getting a lot of unfinished projects done. I'm also spending more time with my daughter. Because I am home more during the day I get more done while she is at school. This enables me to spend more time with her after school and in the evening, instead of having to do all the chores I would normally have to do in the evening.

And most of all, it has made me more dependent on God. I realize there is nothing I can do to fix this problem. And complaining about it doesn't do anyone any good either. So I have to trust that He will provide for me when I have the need. He orchestrates my steps and knows the plan He has laid out for me. I just have to be quiet, listen and follow His lead.

So how about you? How has this affected you, your routine, your relationships?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to consolidate my errands when I do have to go out. And, thankfully, since I'm working in Kennesaw, I've been staying with Mark & Katrina - a lot. :) It's hard because I still have to between Rome and Kennesaw a lot.